In this powerful sermon, Pastor Brent talks about the transformative power of spiritual discipline. We need to trade screen time for soul time, investing in prayer, and diving deep into the Bible. As we realign our focus, we discover how to build up our church and fervently pray for the salvation of our neighbors. Spiritual growth means setting goals, shedding the past, and confronting sins that hold us back.
These are the reflection questions mentioned in the sermon:
- What is one thing you can do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?
(Excerpted from the article “Ten Questions for a New Year,” by Donald S. Whitney. Ten Questions for a New Year | Desiring God)